Thursday, November 6, 2008

Georgia Southern University

I awoke to feeling the bus stop, so I figured we had to be at our next location.  I lied in my bunk for a little trying to figure out what time it was and if anyone was up yet.  We have been going back and forth between Central and East Coast time and then with the time chance I haven't really had a grasp of what time it was since we left Cleveland.  Anyway it was around 8:20 give or take an hour, and I didn't want to be the slacker on the bus if there were things to do so I got up.  Walked into the front room to notice it was another awesome sunny day, and we were parked in a parking lot outside what looked like some soccer fields and a running trail.  I immediately decided I wanted to get a work out in sometime that morning, but more importantly... "Where are we?" I asked Josh.  "Statesboro Georgia," he replied and that was a good enough answer for me.

 

Before I worked out I wanted to maker sure there was somewhere suitable to shower.  I wondered the complex, which looked like they were setting up the stage outside.  The stage was right next to, what looked like a newly built gym facility.  Vanessa and I walked inside and my eyes lit up because the facility looked like a top of the line gym facility.  We nicely asked the front desk if there were showers we could use and more importantly if we could work out.  She confirmed both so I had a great work-out and shower which put me in an upbeat mood for the rest of the day.

 

It was an awesome day!  We set up our eco-village at the back of the lawn, because the event indeed was outside.  The usual day regime followed: town hall forum, set-up, down-time, show.  We hadn't really gotten a chance to officially meet the band, so we were going to do that today after their sound check at around 4pm.  So this meant we had to have everything pretty much ready to go by then, just incase the band wanted to come check out the village for themselves.  As we were finishing setting up, OAR was doing their sound check.  They played a bunch of great songs and I think the combination of the music and warm sunshine just put everyone in a good mood.  We started playing catch with the frisbee and just hanging out having fun.  When the sound check was over we headed down to meet Mark the lead singer, Jerry the saxophonist, Richard the guitarist, Chris the drummer, Michael who was on keyboards and has been playing with them for the last three years, and of course Benji the bassist who I had talked to a few times at the town hall forums.  All the guys were really cool and after talking for a while we were all hungry so headed over to catering to grab some dinner.  We all chatted and ate dinner, but had to run out after a while so we could get to the tents and meet the volunteers.

 

Sampling was awesome tonight!  I had to go back to the bus twice to reload on samples because we ran out.  Then later on after we ran out towards the end of the night, people were coming back for more!  They couldn't get enough of the Chocolate deliciousness.  I was surprised really how many people came back asking for another sample, or how many more people sampled tonight compared to the past two shows.  It didn't feel like things were any more crowded but the difference was everyone here wanted to try it.  No one really turned it down, which was really cool.

 

Definitely best day so far…

No comments: